All ACCORD NI counsellors are professionally trained in the specialism of couples and relationships counselling and, through the provision of a regularly revised, cutting-edge Continuing Professional Development programme, have regular access to the latest thinking in a range of associated areas of professional interest, such as:
- Working with the particular challenges presented by infidelity and its aftermath;
- The identification and handling of cases where domestic abuse is present;
- The complex challenges that emerge when diversity, in all its forms, plays a central role in challenging the stability of the couple relationship;
- The additional challenges which present within step/blended families.
Potential clients who contact ACCORD NI wishing to access the couples and relationships counselling service will be provided with an appointment to commence the ACCORD Assessment Process. The Assessment Process is designed to ensure that:
- the highest standards relating to privacy, safety, and ethical practice are discussed, agreed, and in place,
- to identify whether ACCORD NI’s counselling service is best suited to their current needs.
ACCORD NI’s counselling service is open to all couples and individuals who wish to work on their couple relationship. This includes those individuals who are co-parenting with a former partner and wish to improve the quality of that relationship.
ACCORD NI delivers its couples and relationships counselling service from Centres based in:
- Belfast (City)
- Belfast (Crossgar)
While ACCORD NI’s counselling service is provided on the basis of need, and not on ability to pay, clients are requested to consider a minimum donation of £40.00 per session.
- I just wanted to send a message of appreciation and thanks for the exceptional care and attention that were offered to both my husband and I, throughout our marriage counselling in Belfast. Our Counsellor was both kind and compassionate towards us at every step, helping us to work through our issues and reach common ground. I honestly don’t believe we would have ever got to that point on our own. If it wasn’t for our Counsellor’s insight and perspective, I hate to think where we would be. Please send on our thanks and gratitude to her. It should also be said that other staff members we met along the way, were extremely warm and welcoming too, taking the fear out of the process for us both. Thank you
- "We are so pleased with the sessions we have had with Accord NI"